Professionals will likely be needed to
Complete your cleanup, but following
the steps on this page will help
minimize secondary damage.
Home Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
we respond with Help 24/7
• CEMCARE is a leader in water damage
· After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be
• Is it safe to stay in the house?
• Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most
• Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
• Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Contact Cemare, Inc. Regarding Your
Water Damage Emergency -1-888-699-8777
Certified, Professional Technicians ready to serve you.
WHAT DO YOU DO AFTER A FLOODING/WATER DAMAGE
• Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
• Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps
and tabletop items.
• Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
• Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and
• Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
• Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
• Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
• Gather loose items from floors.
WHAT NOT TO DO AFTER FLOODING
• Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
• Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet
carpet or floors.
• Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
• Don't use television or other household appliances.
• Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of
rooms where ceilings are sagging.